The type of paper you choose can make a significant impact on the overall look and feel of your project. Whether you’re printing business cards, brochures, posters or invitations, selecting the right type and finish is important to achieving the desired outcome.
- Gloss; coated with a shiny finish that enhances colour vibrancy and gives a polished look. It’s popular for high-quality photo prints, brochures and promotional material like postcards and flyers.
- Matt Art; a non-reflective surface that gives a sophisticated look. It’s a great choice for invitations and art prints, with a softer finish compared to gloss paper.
- Bond; the most common choice for everyday printing such as letterheads and general office documents. It’s lightweight and easy to write on.
- Uncoated; a natural, untreated surface that is often used for projects that require a more organic and tactile feel, such as stationery, letterheads and business cards.
- Coated; this has been treated with a layer of chemicals or clay to provide a smooth and/or glossy finish. Just like gloss paper, this finish enhances colour vibrancy and is suitable for projects like product catalogues.
- Textured; add a tactile element to your print project with textured paper. Popular textures include linen, laid, and felt and are often chosen for specialty projects such as wedding invitations, art prints and creative marketing materials.
Making the right paper choice for your print project is essential to speaking to the correct audience and producing the desired aesthetic. Not sure where to start? Our team is here to help from concept to final delivery of your print project. Drop us an email > firstname.lastname@example.org.